How to Use Nutritional Yeast
Have you heard of “Nooch” or Nutritional Yeast? It is an ingredient popular among vegans and plant-based folk. It is a yellow, flaky substance that is a great source of vitamin B12, which is something that many people, especially vegans, do not get enough of.* It is helpful in imparting a “cheesy” texture to foods and helping to thicken them a bit.
I’ll admit I was a wee bit intimidated to use it at first but once I tried it I realized what I had been missing. Most health food stores sell it either pre-packaged or in the bulk foods section.
How to Use Nutritional Yeast:
- Sprinkle it on popcorn
- Sprinkle it on pasta
- Top a salad with it
- Mix it with equal parts almond meal and use it as a “parmesan” to sprinkle on pasta.
- Use the above mixture to sprinkle on cauliflower before roasting. Ooh la la!
Our Favorite “Nooch” Recipes:
Other Posts/Recipes on “Nooch”:
- 3 Ways Nutritional Yeast Takes Dishes From Zero to Hero
- What the Heck is Nutritional Yeast? (and recipes)
- Recipes and Information on Nooch from Veganela
- Nutritional Yeast Info and Recipes
If you can’t find nooch in a store locally, you can purchase it here on Amazon. By doing so, I receive a very tiny percentage of the sales, which goes towards supporting the upkeep of this site.
*Please note, I am not a physician or nutritionist. Please consult your health care practitioner for advice and input on your own health situation.