Nutty Crunch Chocolate Vegan Granola Bars
Recipe type: Snack
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (use gluten-free if desired)
- 1/4 cup flax-seed meal
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/8 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup organic no-oil added almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup organic no-oil added sun butter
- Add all dry ingredients (oats through cinnamon) to a large bowl and mix together.
- Add maple syrup and brown rice syrup to a small bowl and stir until combined.
- Add this mixture to the dry nut/seed mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add almond butter and sun butter to the nut/seed mixture and stir until everything is combined.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving some extra on each side to use as handles upon removal.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and press down until it is evenly distributed.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator for at least one hour or until firm.
- Remove and use parchment handles to remove from the baking dish.
- Cut into 16 bars and store in between parchment paper in the freezer or refrigerator.
Recipe by Plantivores at http://plantivores.com/nutty-crunch-chocolate-vegan-granola-bars/