Rocky Road Brownies (Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free)
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 16 brownies
- 2/3 cup teff flour
- 2/3 cup oat flour (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 cup vegan sugar (try something less refined like sucanat or coconut sugar)
- ½ teaspoon xanthum gum
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup organic cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup plant milk (I usually use almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips split into two equal batches
- 1/3 cup sliced raw almonds
- 2/3 cup small vegan marshmallows (or about 7 large marshmallows cut into small pieces)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together dry ingredients (teff flour through cocoa powder) until well combined and all lumps have been smoothed out.
- In a medium bowl mix together all of the wet ingredients (applesauce through vanilla extract).
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined, but do not over mix.
- Add in half of the chocolate chips (1/4 cup) and mix well.
- Pour into a non-stick 8x8 pan (I use glass) and spread evenly. If you don’t have a non-stick dish or pan you can spray a bit of non-stick spray on the pan.
- Sprinkle remainder of chocolate chips, sliced almonds and marshmallows evenly on the top. This is the best part so have fun with this!
- Bake for 55 minutes until set.
Recipe by Plantivores at http://plantivores.com/rocky-road-brownies-vegan-oil-free-gluten-free/