4-Ingredient Butternut Squash Bisque
Recipe type: Soup
- 4 pounds butternut squash (2 medium-sized squash)
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 5 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Optional: 1 cup vegetable stock (if bisque is too thick)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If using fresh squash: Slice them in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and place the halves face up on a non-stick baking sheet.
- If using pre-cubed squash: Spread them on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Roast squash at 425 degrees for 50-60 minutes until knife-tender.
- Fresh squash: Let squash cool until you can handle them, scoop out the flesh with a spoon and discard the skin.
- In a large pot, sauté the shallots and ginger in a little bit of vegetable stock for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the roasted squash and the rest of the 4 cups of vegetable stock to the pot and stir.
- Simmer for 30 minutes on low heat stirring occasionally.
- Using an immersion blender puree the bisque until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, carefully transfer the bisque to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer it back to the pot and add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you prefer your bisque slightly thinner, add another ½ cup to 1 cup of vegetable stock and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Serves 10-12 as an appetizer.
Serves 4-6 as a main course.
Recipe by Plantivores at http://plantivores.com/4-ingredient-butternut-squash-bisque/