Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodles
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 12-15 cookies
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup fresh pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons organic unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegan sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond meal, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and blend with a wooden spoon until everything is moistened.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Mix your cinnamon sugar coating in a small bowl.
- Roll the batter into 12-15 cookie balls, roughly golf ball size.
- Roll each ball into the mixture, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Press down with the back of a 1/3 cup measuring cup until they are of a uniform thickness.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes until the bottoms are golden and the cookies are firm. There is a lot of moisture in these so that’s why they take a little longer to cook than most cookies.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes, remove, and store in an airtight container.
Recipe by Plantivores at http://plantivores.com/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-snickerdoodles/