Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: About 10 cups
- 2 1/2 cups matzo farfel (make gluten-free by using gluten-free matzo)
- 1 cup quinoa (raw)
- 1 cup millet (raw, not flour)
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1 cup unsweetened, organic applesauce
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dates
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or non-stick aluminum foil.
- Combine farfel, quinoa, millet, coconut, nuts, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine vanilla, maple or agave and applesauce.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well. Make sure everything is coated evenly.
- Spread mixture evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 8-10 minutes until golden brown. It burns easily so watch carefully.
- Transfer granola to a large bowl and use a spatula to break up the big clumps.
- Stir in the raisins and dates.
- Cool thoroughly.
- It will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least one week (if you don't eat it before then).
Recipe by Plantivores at http://plantivores.com/plant-based-vegan-passover-recipe-roundup/