Thai Tofu Pockets
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1/3 cup organic peanut butter (we use brands that only contain peanuts with no other added oil, sugar or preservatives)
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 12.3 ounce package extra firm tofu (I used silken tofu)
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- Pita bread or whole grain tortillas
- Fresh spinach or kale
- Chopped tomatoes
- Add peanut butter, soy sauce and lime juice to a medium bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Add garlic powder, cayenne powder, ginger and cilantro to the peanut butter mixture and stir well.
- Drain tofu and place in a large bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Add onion, peppers, carrots and celery and mix well.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over tofu/veggie mixture and combine with a spoon.
- Serve in pita bread or in tortillas with spinach or kale and fresh tomatoes.
This is so addictive we usually double the recipe.
Recipe by Plantivores at http://plantivores.com/thai-tofu-pockets/