Dairy-Free Alfredo Sauce
- 1 package Mori Nu extra-firm silken tofu (12.3 oz.)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 2 tbsp. cashew butter or tahini or 3 tbsp. cashews
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec.
- Blend until it is completely smooth.
- If using in a lasagna or casserole dish, add it as is.
- If you are using it to top a baked potato, nachos or something else that is already cooked, heat on the stove top until boiling, then simmer for a few minutes while stirring, until the sauce thickens.
- If you are short on time, microwave it for a minute or two, stirring once during cooking, until thickened.
- Makes about 2 cups.
Recipe by Plantivores at http://plantivores.com/dairy-free-alfredo-sauce/