Loaded Baked Potato (Vegan, No Oil)
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1 large baking potato (or 2-3 red potatoes)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Dairy-Free Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup of steamed or sautéed vegetables of your choice (try onions, mushrooms, peppers, chopped broccoli, zucchini, squash, or chopped asparagus)
- Optional: 1/2 cup beans of your choice (drained, rinsed and heated)
- Wash the potatoes and poke several holes with a fork or knife
- Place them in a loosely covered microwaveable dish and cook until you can insert a knife all the way through easily. Turn once during cooking. Cooking times will vary based on your microwave.
- Heat the Dairy-Free Alfredo Sauce for 30-45 seconds in the microwave in a loosely covered dish.
- Steam, saute or reheat your veggies.
- Mash up the potatoes with a fork (or you can just cut in half, whichever you prefer).
- Pour the Dairy-Free Alfredo Sauce on top and add your veggies on top of that.
- Top with sliced green onions, scallions, or vegan bacon bits.
- Serve hot.
Recipe by Plantivores at http://plantivores.com/loaded-baked-potato-vegan-no-oil/