If you want the easiest meal in the world, well, one that involves cooking, try this Easy Fried Rice that is both vegan and gluten-free.
Steam up some rice (on the stove, in a rice cooker or microwave it in a nearly ready-to-serve package), dice some carrots, defrost some peas, toss it all in a pan with some seasonings and voila, nearly instant dinner.
You can garnish it with green onions, sesame seeds, sliced almonds and/or cashews.
This dish is a hit with my kids. The sesame oil adds some extra flavor but if you avoid oil, feel free to water sauté. If you steam the rice ahead of time, you can have this on the table in less than 15 minutes.
- 3 cups steamed rice (try brown, jasmine or basmati)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (omit to keep this oil-free)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1-2 cloves fresh, minced garlic
- 1/2 diced onion (or 1 teaspoon granulated onion powder)
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce for gluten-free or soy sauce
- Optional: sliced green onions, sesame seeds, cashews, sliced almonds
- Add the oil or water, carrots, peas, garlic and onion (or onion powder) to a medium-sized pan.
- Saute for about 5 minutes until the carrots and onions have softened a bit.
- Add the tamari or soy sauce and mix.
- Add the rice and combine until everything is heated through.
- Top with green onions, sesame seeds or nuts if you like.
- Serve immediately.
When you make this, be sure to tag us on Instagram @therealplantivores.