This vegan oil-free cheese, or “cheezy sauce”, can make any pasta dish come to life with flavor and creaminess
This vegan oil-free cheese, or “cheezy sauce”, can make any pasta dish come to life with flavor and creaminess reminiscent of cheese, without the cheese! It’s pretty easy to whip up a batch and use it in any number of recipes.
While this isn’t actual dairy cheese, it can fool the most discerning of palates. Like our children. Twice. Ha! The best part is that it is oil-free and therefore lower in calories than many of the more popular vegan cheeses on the market.
Ideas for Cheezy Sauce use:
- Try it on our Vegan Baked Ziti
- Make “Mac and Cheeze” by pouring this over shell pasta
- Add it to a simple dish of brown rice and broccoli
- Use it on homemade pizzas instead of vegan cheese. Add veggies on top.
- Pour on a baked potato and throw some broccoli on top.
- Drizzle it over corn tortillas or toasted pita chips to make nachos. Top with beans, scallions, and chopped red peppers and onions.
- Add to a sandwich with a slice of tempeh, slice of tomato, and kale.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup fat-free soy milk
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small pot on low to medium heat until sauce thickens to the desired consistency. Keep stirring to prevent sticking.
Tell us how you have used our Cheezy Sauce or other ideas you have to use this versatile creation.