We’ve been making a terrific salsa recipe for some time now that we found at Cathy Fisher’s Straight Up Food website. It is so good that it deserves the moniker, Best Salsa Ever. The salsa recipe is embedded within the recipe for burrito bowls, a HUGE favorite at the Plantivores’ household. We’ll post our version of that soon. We use this salsa on our burrito bowls but you can use this on a number of dishes:
- With our Cheezy Sauce on a baked potato with some broccoli
- Mixed in with some whole-wheat gnocchi, black olives, and artichokes
- With some tortilla chips or pita bread
What we love about this salsa is that it is no frills, super easy to put together, even at the end of a busy day, and is fresh and delicious! It has just the right balance of zing and taste without being too spicy. If you want to heat it up a bit you can always add a touch of jalapeno pepper. We love it as is.
Prepare to be enchanted by The Best Salsa Ever.
- 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeno pepper (optional or as to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Makes about 3 cups